On that first day back at work, we received an encouraging email from our COO and Co-founder, Alex Douzet:
We will be catering lunch every day until Thanksgiving so that you do not have to run outside in the cold. Here is our tentative menu for the next 13 days:
- Monday, November 5: Little Italy Pizza & Deli
- Tuesday, November 6: Subway
- Wednesday, November 7: Chipotle
- Thursday, November 8: Grand Sichuan
- Friday, November 9: Nagomi
- Monday, November 12: Getting Hungry
- Tuesday, November 13: Five Guys Burgers & Fries
- Wednesday, November 14: Ellen’s Deli & Grocery
- Thursday, November 15: Bricklane Curry House
- Friday, November 16: P.J. Charlton’s
- Monday, November 19: Thanksgiving Potluck
- Tuesday, November 20: Mae Mae Café
- Wednesday, November 21: Sounds of Brazil
Besides the obvious convenience and cost savings, I discovered that it was also a phenomenal opportunity to patronize Hudson Square’s restaurants, many of which were crippled by Sandy. The response of gratitude has been overwhelming:
From Liz Neumark, CEO of Great Performances, which owns Mae Mae Café:
I salute you on your efforts…we would love nothing more than to provide nurturing and delicious meals for your colleagues.
From Phil Mouquinho, Chef and owner of PJ Charlton:
Thank you so much. I must say that in my 32 years here at PJ Charlton I never completed a lunch deal for 110 people so quickly and so effortlessly. Kudos and many thanks to your organization. Now let me show you on Friday how to bring a smile to 110 hungry folks.
From Diana Urena, Events & Group Sales Director of Sounds of Brazil (SOB’s):
Thank you so much for thinking of us. We would love to bring some SOB's Holiday cheer to your office!
Who knew that we could do so much for the local community by ordering lunch for our 100+ staff from local businesses daily for three weeks? Free meals for us…and the ability to get a dozen restaurants back to business!
Lisa Hagendorf is the Vice President of Public Relations for TheLadders where she is a huge ambassador of the brand in the office. At the gym. And on the street. She just can’t stop talking about TheLadders. Ever.